Friday, December 23, 2016

A new leaf from the calendar!

I am thankful to the years that thought me to differentiate between dreams and aspirations, success and achievement, forgiveness and pity, confidence and peace, fear and insecurity, technology and dependence. I have unlearn to have a plan, because if someone asked me 8 years back about my plans for 5 years I thought I had it all sorted only to realize that your plans are never yours, so I have devised a backup plan not to have a plan at all and go with the flow. Instead I have made few goals and trying all the possible things to reach there.

I am thankful to the years that thought me to differentiate between dreams and aspirations, success and achievement, forgiveness and pity, confidence and peace, fear and insecurity, technology and dependence. I have unlearn to have a plan, because if someone asked me 8 years back about my plans for 5 years I thought I had it all sorted only to realize that your plans are never yours, so I have devised a backup plan not to have a plan at all and go with the flow. Instead I have made few goals and trying all the possible things to reach there.
I am thankful that today I can raise voice with an opinion, be happy for the friends who were once very close to me and now they only exist in my social media pages, I no longer feel left out or the urge to be part of the rat race. I do appreciate that its one life and one must experience whatever life throws at you. I am thankful that I have become stronger every time I have a let down. I am thankful to realize there will be many who will swing in and out of your life yet in the end you will only see your family standing there with hopes. Some will keep you as an option and few more closer ones will always judge you but that’s how it is and it only makes clearer about people’s stand in your life.
I am thankful that today I don’t feel the compulsion to have people around me, I still can’t believe I enjoy my company, I go to restaurants and certainly enjoy my meal all alone. I can now travel without feeling the jitters of travelling alone. I am thankful to see the number of people turn up to me for advices or only for chats. I am thankful today I think it’s better to buy gold than cloths. I am thankful that I love to take vacation with my family as much as I would with friends.
I am thankful that few things in me are still intact and I don’t see its going to change ever, my love for food, my love for animals, my love for music, and I still think I will be there with people in their bad times than being part of their happy times.
It has been a long journey, there are lots to learn, lots to achieve, and lots to be grateful for. I am grateful that I have a better life than many may dream of, as I end here, I certainly cannot agree more to the verses from my favorite song…
“tujhse naaraz nahin zindagi hairan hoon main, tere masoom sawaalon se pareshan hoon main, jeene ke liye sochaa hi nahin dard sambhaalne honge, muskuraye to muskurane ke karz utaarne honge, muskuraye jo kabhi to lagta hai jaise hothon pe karz rakha hai aankh agar bhar aai hain boondein baras jayengi, kal kya pata kis ke liye aankhen taras jayengi, jaane kahan gum hua kahan kho gaya, ek aansoo chhupa ke rakha tha, zindagi tere gham ne hume rishte naye samjhaye, dhoop mein mile jo bhi mile pyar ke thande saaye... “

No comments:

Post a Comment